Russian Airforces for 2021
The composition of the military aircraft fleet of the Russian Aerospace Forces for 2020 | Aviation of Russia
According to this study, at the beginning of 2020, the composition of the fleet of military aircraft and helicopters of the Russian Aerospace Forces consisted of 4,163 aircraft, which is 8% of the global indicator, second only in number to the United States - 13,266 aircraft and helicopters, 25% of the global indicator. In third place is China, which has 3,210 military aircraft and helicopters, or 6% of the global indicator.
- Repulsing attacks and protecting against aggressive actions of the enemy in relation to administrative facilities, political centers, military groups, industrial and economic regions of Russia, the most important infrastructure zones.
- The use of a wide range of weapons against the enemy, including nuclear ones.
- The implementation of hostilities in cooperation with other types of troops.
- Destruction of enemy cruise, tactical and ballistic missiles, as well as unmanned attack aircraft.
- Providing management personnel with accurate information on missile movements and warning of a possible attack.
- Observation in space and detection of threats in relation to objects on the territory of Russia and its allies, the defeat of space attack weapons.
- Launch of special vehicles into space, control of a constellation of satellites.
At present, the Aerospace Forces of the Russian Federation include the Air Force, the Air Defense Force and the Anti-Missile Defense Force, and the Space Force. The Air Force is comprised of Long-Range, Military Transport, Operational-Tactical, and Army Aviation. The reform started in 2008 ended with the formation of 4 armies instead of 6, which later became part of the renewed military districts.